Wednesday 23 September 2009

Another day in the park.... literally

Today Graham and I decided to go for a bike ride. We rode to Kappabashi-Dori
http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?Display=33 to buy some stuff to practice making sushi before I start my course, you know me, cant wait for the course I have to already be able to do some of it!! :-)

We then rode to Ueno Park which is soooooo beautiful. We went to The National Museum of Western Art, http://www.nmwa.go.jp/en/ which neither Gra or I knew is the home of "The Thinker" by Auguste Rodin, there is a hall with about 8 sculputures by Rodin including Adam, Eve, The gates of Hell etc, really beautiful! There was also a hall with some beautiful Monet, I love Waterloo Bridge in London and we both loved Snow in Argenteuil but not sure if that was just because it was snow and reminded us of Switzerland :-) There were some other good halls and some .... not so good halls :-) cant like / appreciate it all!!

We then rode through the park watching all the street performers before heading home to see the kids... (always the best part of the day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment